Hello and Welcome to Southern Swim Schools
Providing swimming lessons for babies, children & adults
Southern Swim Schools is a family run swimming school offering small group swimming lessons at affordable prices for babies, children and adults in Portsmouth, Cosham, Drayton, Havant and Petersfield.
We share the same teaching philosophy and high standards which set us apart from the competition. These values were laid down nearly 45 years ago by the founders of Springfield Swim Club -
- Family Values - We are family run with a personable and friendly service headed up by cousins Paul Linkins and Lynn Goring-Crook.
- Small Groups - We believe in small classes with only 4 or 5 children to one teacher for beginners and 6:1 for advanced swimmers meaning children get more one-to-one attention.
- Experienced Teachers - Our teachers are ASA/STA trained, fully DBS checked and follow a vigorous in-house continued development program. Paul and Lynn are STA Aquatic Tutors and therefore train the swimming teachers in and around the Portsmouth area. We hand pick the best of these teachers to stay with Southern Swim Schools.
- Value for Money - Running term time only with an optional Easter and Summer Swim School, the price of lessons vary depending on venue but on average £5.50 for a 30 minute lesson, paid termly. We never give your place away at the end of term, priority is always given to current swimmers.
- Legacy – We bore the word legacy long before the Olympics made it 2012’s buzz word. With nearly 45 years experience Springfield Swim Club has taught swimming over three generations of the same family. Many of our young swimmers have parents and grandparents who learnt with us! The Goring name is respected for the effect our founders had on forming many other swim schools and clubs as well as training swimming teachers.
- Unique – Just one of our unique aspects is our Activity Session, a 30 minute session giving older swimmers the chance to try synchronised swimming, water safety, water polo, and diving after they have learnt to swim using the STA’s brand new Junior Lifeguard Academy.
- Great Club Links - Our excellent links to other local clubs allows children to continue in competitive swimming, synchronised swimming and water polo when they are ready. Talent will not be held back and we encourage swimmers to take up the expertise of these clubs to further their development.
- Badges and Certificates - Swimming Teachers Association (STA) Learn to Swim Badges and Certificates are awarded every term to children, all included in the price. The STA criteria combines development in technique and stamina over the four strokes with water safety and basic lifesaving – absolutely essential.
- Southern Water Sponsored - The first ever swim school invited to join the scheme and meaning we receive the very latest swimming equipment, staff swimwear, and attend seminars on new teaching methods and techniques. Our children receive a swimming bag on starting and course certificates as they progress.